Who to Contact
Key contact information for parents and carers to help you find the right person to deal with your query.
Tutors should be the first contact for any general student concern, either through use of the student planner, telephone or email. Tutors can speak to other members of staff on parents’ behalf and feedback if needed.
- For a staff list detailing Form Tutors please click here
Can help with: Student Progress, Personal Development, Behaviour, Attendance, Bullying, Concerns.
There is a teaching Head of Year and a non teaching Pastoral Manager leading a team of Form Tutors. This team monitors your child's progress and personal development.
Year 7 (Phone: 0161 499 2736 and ask for Year 7 Pastoral Office)
- Head of Year – Ms A Hunter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant Head of Year 7 - Ms J Bonney email@example.com
- Pastoral Manager – Ms R Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 8 (Phone: 0161 499 2736 and ask for Year 8 Pastoral Office)
- Head of Year 8 – Mr G Prime email@example.com
- Pastoral Manager – Miss H Pacheco firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 9 (Phone: 0161 499 2736 and ask for Year 9 Pastoral Office)
- Head of Year 9 – Mr C McCullough email@example.com
- Pastoral Manager – Miss Barnes firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 10 (Phone: 0161 499 2736 and ask for Year 10 Pastoral Office)
- Head of Year 10 – Mrs R Adson email@example.com
- Pastoral Manager – Mr O Pitts firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 11 (Phone: 0161 499 2736 and ask for Year 11 Pastoral Office)
- Head of Year 11 – Mr D Grimes email@example.com
- Assistant Head of Year 11 - Ms K Rathore firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pastoral Manager – Miss J Nicholls email@example.com
Subject Specific Concerns
Curriculum Leaders/Subject Teachers should be contacted if there is a subject specific issue.
Special Education Needs & English as an Additional Language
Our SEND and EAL Co-ordinator is - Ms J Tinsley
To speak to Ms Tinsley please contact the school reception and she will get back to you.
Can help with: Reporting School Absences, Medical Appointments, Free School Meals, Change of parent/contact details, Updating Medical Information, Visas/Permits.
If you require a paper copy of any of the information on our website.
Phone: 0161 499 2736 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please address all enquiries to : Mrs D Pollock, PA to Principal
Safeguarding and Child Protection
All staff have received the required training on child protection and safeguarding. The Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) at MEA Central is Mr Grimes and Ms Downs Deputy DSL, supported by Mrs Reynard, Mrs Gibson, Mrs Adson, Ms Pacheco and Mr Pitts as Trained DSLs.
Raising a Concern
Concerns can be raised with the school at any time and will often generate an immediate response. The school asks that parents make their first contact via their Form Tutor. Parents are advised not to turn up to school to ask to speak to staff without an appointment to avoid disappointment. All staff have teaching commitments, appointments can be arranged during non-contact periods.