Excellent feedback for MEA Central from Autumn Term Quality Assurance VisitsPosted on: 29/01/2019
Please see below for Mrs Reynard's letter to parents following our recent Quality Assurance visits.
I am writing to share with you the outcomes of our recent Quality Assurance visits. As a new school we will not be inspected by Ofsted until our third year of opening, so we choose to invite previous HMI inspectors in to conduct visits as Ofsted would.
We had two Quality Assurance visits conducted in the Autumn Term and, while there is always work to be done, I am delighted to inform you that the feedback was extremely positive. I have included sections of the reports below:
‘’The head of school, supported by senior leaders, is providing strong and effective leadership. In a very short time-scale the school has been established and demonstrates clear capacity to build on the excellent structures and processes developed in the first 18 months since opening.”
“Staff receive regular high-quality training and support in order to ensure consistent delivery of the vision of the school.”
“Students are a credit to the school! They demonstrate courtesy and mutual respect for each other and their teachers. They appreciate the inclusive and supportive values being developed and are committed to those values in the way that they learn and interact together. Uniform is worn with pride and appearance is of the highest standard.”
“Progress in reading is hugely significant and has shown the intervention programmes to be highly effective.”
“Students enjoy their studies and there is a strong commitment to learning and high standards. Classrooms are clearly stimulating environments and students clearly appreciate the quality of T&L that is taking place. This leads to positive and secure working relationships at all levels.”
“The students’ behaviour in classes and around the school on the day of visit was excellent.”
“During the visit a meeting was held with a representative group of students who were asked to share their perceptions of life in the academy. Their observations included;
* The academy was “an amazing place and a great adventure”
* They were clearly very secure in this setting and felt safe
* Teachers were always approachable and highly supportive
* Lessons are fun and they enjoy their learning
* Work was demanding which they appreciated
* They had received effective internet safety training in class
* Important social themes were explored during assembly time which they valued
* The rewards system was appreciated and sanctions understood and applied appropriately
* The reputation of the school was strong and the community and their parents had highly positive views on the work of the school”
I would like to take this opportunity to thank parents and carers for your ongoing support. I know that sending your child to a newly opened school requires an element of faith and I hope that these reports help to assure you that the school is working extremely hard to deliver the best possible experience for our students.