Excellent feedback for MEA Central from Spring Term Quality Assurance VisitsPosted on: 21/05/2019
Please see below for Mrs Reynard's letter to parents following our recent Quality Assurance visits.
I am writing to share with you the outcomes of our Spring Quality Assurance visits. As a new school we will not be inspected by Ofsted until our third year of opening, so we choose to invite previous HMI inspectors in to conduct visits as Ofsted would.
Further to our visits in Autumn, we had two Quality Assurance visits conducted in the Spring Term and, while there is always work to be done, I am delighted to inform you that once again, the feedback was extremely positive. I have included sections of the reports below:
· ‘Leadership and management at senior level is outstanding.’
· ‘Expectations are high and clear for both staff and students and there is an obvious willingness on the part of individuals to strive for excellence.’
· ‘Building and developing outstanding teaching and learning is central to the school’s philosophy and a rigorous programme to constantly reflect on this objective exists.’
· ‘There is a clear philosophy and ambition to constantly improve and build on the many strengths already evident.’
· ‘Highly effective monitoring and review of student progress and attainment continues with rigour. Recent data suggests that students are achieving above expectation when compared to the national picture.’
· ‘Collaboration with good and outstanding external partners…allows for validation of student progress and attainment to be monitored effectively.’
· ‘SEND students demonstrated high levels of confidence and were clearly making very strong progress as a result.’
· ‘Discussion with Middle Leaders on the QA visit readily showed their enthusiasm, passion, commitment and moral compass in driving the school forward and ensuring all students achieve their very best.’
· ‘Evidence showed an increasing range of teaching and learning opportunities being provided, which enable students to practice and secure learning in a range of different ways. Preparation, planning, lesson structure and implementation are all strong features.’
· ‘Students are readily engaged and have good attitudes to learning. They are busy and productive in lessons completing a good volume of work. They demonstrate a love of learning and a thirst for knowledge, which is extends into extra-curricular programmes and participation in the wider school life.’
I would like to take this opportunity to thank parents and carers for your ongoing support. It really is a pleasure and a privilege to work with you and your children. As I have written previously, I know that sending your child to a newly opened school requires an element of faith and I hope that these reports help to assure you that the school is working extremely hard to deliver the best possible experience for our students.